The imposing two-story Masonic Building was constructed on the west side of the square in the 1907 of rough-dressed limestone. The lower floor provided rental space for commercial businesses while the second floor served as a meeting place for Masonic Lodge #216.
After a fire in 1929 destroyed much of the original structure, it was rebuilt, and although the building had a new owner, The Masons continued to meet on the second floor until 1974.
The Tavern will feature local beer and wine from Blanco, and all over Texas and the hill country.
The Ballroom will be available for private functions and dance classes will be available on a regular basis.